Thursday, February 12, 2009

Once upon a time - Part 1

I was sent to an all girls' boarding school at the tender age of 13. I was miserable initially. I cried almost every night before I went to sleep. I cried while taking my shower. I cried during prep time. Basically, I cried all the time. Memang saya ni ratu menangis.

However after making some good friends, things turned for the better. I enjoyed myself tremendously in the company of my friends. The fact that there was not a single boy around did not affect our life at all.

I secured a full scholarship to pursue EE abroad right after SPM before the result came out. That was when I met C.

We were in the same preparation group. When I first saw him, I thought he was rather cute. Fair and just lovely. Since our group was small, we spent a lot of time together. I sat infront of him in class. Instead of studying, we would bersembang and bersembang. I really enjoyed talking to him.

He was a city boy and from a well to do family. I, on the other hand was from the kampung (ulu) and from a poor family. I felt that he was out of my league. To make the matter worse, the was an uptown girl who liked him and gave the impression to the rest that they were an item. I backed off and focused my attention to C's friend instead, Is.

Man was a shy boy. Despite the many signal I sent him, he simply ignored me. However, we finally hit it off when we were abroad. We maintainted a long distance relationship for slightly more than a year. It was a turbulance relationship. Both of us were young and I ni jenis yang kuat merajuk. Man pulak bukan dari jenis yang pandai melayan. Communication those days was not like what it is today.

In the end, I got close to another guy MatP. He helped me a lot. The fact that he was so pandai also helped. Infact, I was amazed at how smart he was. My relationship with Man deteriorated. Only after MatP went home did we rekindle our friendship.

I went home after graduation. MatP was waiting for me. He had a good job with an international o & g company. Again he helped me; giving me pocket money, ferrying me to interviews, helping me with me resumes, showering me with his attention and expensive gifts too. Once I secured a job in the city, he was also my dutiful "driver".

Yes, the arrangement was so convenient.

Yes, I was using him...

I totally lost contact with both C and Is.

To make a long story short ( I nak tidur ni), MatP and I finally got engaged before I met another guy (the father of my children-FMC) at work. I decided that I wanted to be married to FMC instead of MatP. I called off the engagement and got what I wanted at that time.

Bak kata Hamka,

"Perkahwinan adalah melangkah keluar dari mimpi indah waktu bercinta"
or something to that effect.

What goes around comes around. Hukum karma.

Fate...

Itule kisah nye. Nanti kami sambung lain kali...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

done that too. menggunakan dan dipergunakan.