Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hi girls!

Hi,
My friends and I met recently. The last time we gathered was 2 years back during the old girls dinner party. It was really nice to walk down memory lane together and update each other on the latest happenings of our lives. Most of us are married with children. Some are still single. Some were divorced but somehow manage to find themselves new husbands. Amazing women too...

We giggled and laughed out loud much to the "dismay" of other patrons. Who cares?

Come to think about it I really enjoy the company of my girlfriends. The fact that we spent 5 beautiful years together has created this unspoken bond among us. We are just like sisters.

I remember during my university days. I had this senior who was trying very hard to get close to me. At first I simply ignored him but somehow his preserverence paid of in the end. We started spending a lot of time together. The fact he was a very bright student also helped. As a result, I spent less time with my girlfriend which I still regret. Fortunately my girlfriends did not hold grudges against me.

Maybe we don't need men to make us happy and complete. It would be nice if they are around but it is not the end of the world if they are not.

Afterall, we only have ourselves to rely on.

2 comments:

Nizam.Ariff said...

Once, I was thinking the same [woman]. Belajar teruk-teruk dari sekolah rendah, lepas tu sekolah menengah, matrik, Univ. Kononnya nak senang bila kerja. Tapi, bila kerja, nak kawin pulak. kena tanggung anak-bini. So, apa guna hidup? Bila nak senang kalau macam ni?

At one time [baru mula kerja], I hampir langgar treller sebab malas nak hidup nak tanggung semua tu.

Then, my friend kata, kalau tak kawin, nabi tak mengaku umat. Then, I pun kawin...

spider said...

Orang lelaki memang elok kawin...kurang dosa.